The Golden Visa is a long-term residency visa that enables foreign talents to live and work or study in the UAE for up to 10 years. This golden residency scheme is renewable and reserved for certain categories ranging from investors to individuals with exceptional talents.
The Golden Visa program is designed to attract foreign investment and expertise to the UAE. It offers a number of benefits to holders, including the ability to live and work in the country, access to top-quality education and healthcare, and the ability to sponsor family members for residence visas. The length of the Golden Visa is 10 years, after which it can be renewed.
With expanded categories and eligibility, the Golden Visa is expected to further boost the UAE’s position as one of the world’s foremost hubs for global business and investment.
Golden Visa UAE benefits and advantages
Some of the benefits of the Golden Visa in the UAE are as follows:
- An entry visa for six months with multiple entries followed by the issuance of residency permits.
- A long-term, renewable residence visa valid for 10 years.
- A self-sponsored visa
- Ability to stay outside of the UAE for any amount of time without having their visa nullified.
- Sponsoring their family members, including spouses and children, regardless of their ages.
- Sponsoring their parents for a 10-year residency without the need to pay additional deposits.
- Sponsoring an unlimited number of domestic helpers
- Allowing family members to stay in the UAE until the end of their permit duration in the event the primary holder of the Golden Visa passes away
Golden Visa holders can apply for comprehensive insurance coverage that could range between AED 2,000 – 50,000 depending on several factors such as age, health, hospitals/clinics covered etc. The National Health Insurance Company (Daman) has introduced health insurance packages for Golden Visa holders valid for 1 year and can be renewed on a yearly basis.